.

Collinsville Station: Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department

Flag as Inappropriate

Dating back to 1966, the Collinsville Fire Department was essentially an extension of the fire service started by the Collins Company in the late 1800s. When the factory closed, Collinsville residents recognized the need to continue protecting the village. Today the station is part of the Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department. Located at the station are Engine 3, Engine 4, Marine 1 and Rescue 9. In addition to the fire equipment, the department serves as the central location for the entire Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department and houses the EMS Corps. The Canton Memorial Ambulance Corps also has its roots in the Collins Co. Started by factory employees in 1950, it merged with the company's fire department in 1963. The Collinsville Fire Department holds an annual jamboree at a field near the Farmington River. The jamboree helps fund equipment and maintenance at the field, which was donated to the department. The field and the pond located on it, are also used for training.
51 River Rd, Collinsville, CT 06019
(860) 693-2325
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »