Update 6:33 p.m.
The town of Canton Fire and EMS Department wrapped up its response at the Shoppes at Farmington Valley after an earlier report of a gas odor in an outbuilding. No major problems were found, officials said.
Shortly before 6 p.m. customers and workers were allowed back to Panera and nearby shops after having been evacuated following reports of a gas odor.
The buildings were evacuated for about 15 minutes and the town of Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department continues to investigate.
The other areas of the Shoppes at Farmington Valley were unaffected.
Officials reportedly detected no evidence of gas on their meters but Connecticut Natural Gas is on its way to the scene.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something