.

Emergency Officials Respond to Route 44 Business After Employees Report Feeling Nauseated

Minor carbon monoxide levels found at 50 Albany Turnpike.

Emergency officials responded to the Canton Gateway Office Park Monday morning after two Just Kids employees reported feeling nauseated from an odor in the business, fire officials said. 

Police and members of the town of Canton Volunteer Fire and EMS Department responded to the scene at approximately 11:30 a.m. 

The two Just Kids employees were evaluated by EMTs but declined treatment, fire officials said.

Firefighters checked the building with gas meters and did find minimal carbon monoxide readings in a neighboring business, Bamboo Grill, fire marshal Adam Libros said. 

At approximately 12:30 p.m. Monday, a Connecticut Natural Gas representative arrived at the scene to further investigate the situation. 

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something