About two years ago, we launched Canton Patch with a pretty bold mission in mind: To make your life ridiculously easy.
That meant covering the biggest stories in town—from Hurricane Sandy to all too many tragic deaths, including Mark Quattro and a couple killed in the recent plane crash. We've also covered government, community happenings, school events and random acts of neighborly kindness. Along the way, we've tried to make it easier for readers to add their own input.
At every turn we thought of new and better ways to deliver on our promise, which is why we’re so excited to premiere an improved Canton Patch next month.
Come mid-December you’ll be able to:
- Personalize Canton Patch by following groups. A few clicks makes your local news feed custom-fit to the topics you care about. Police blotter and shelter pets? Taxes and restaurant reviews? Why not?
- Better organize your day by creating groups of your own. Use Patch to plan a rec sports league or school fundraiser. Everyone can finally be on the same page—literally.
- Experience a better mobile Patch. We know you live on your smartphone—so we put everything you love about Patch in a smaller, more portable package.
- Share comments and photos more intuitively and much, much faster.
- Turn any blog or opinion piece into a mini-community of interest, complete with followers of your very own.
You can also register your interest in forming a group right when the new Canton Patch launches here. We'll walk you through it!