Update Tuesday 12:17 a.m.
At this point, most local businesses, especially restaurants are open. Here are some specifics we know of.
- The Bagel Deli
- Canton Indoor Golf Center for lunch and dinner
- McDonald's of Canton
- The Whole Donut
- Village Cafe
- Panera Bread
- LaSalle Market
- Larsen ACE Hardware
- Transfer station open with storm-related fees for brush and tree debris waived through Saturday.
- Community Center open for charging and coffee
- The Hub
- D.A.N.C.E. by Kristin will hold classes tonight
- ShopRite of Canton
- Bob Rush studios
- Valley Sports Center
- Dish n' Dat
- Most or all in The Shoppes at Farmington Valley are open
- Canton Public Library open at 10 a.m.
- Creative Movement, Yoga and Play will meet at Little Green Tambourine
Closed or canceled
- Schools will be closed Tuesday.
- Focus Center for Autism closed Tuesday.
- Messy cooking class canceled at the Little Green Tambourine.
Closed but . . .
- Morning sessions at Yoga Center of Collinsville, assessment on afternoon to come
- Tyler English Fitness without power in a.m., stay tuned
Original Monday afternoon story
As winds associated with Hurricane Sandy strengthen in Canton, here are some known closings and openings in Canton. Tell us more in the comments.
Closed, Closing soon or postponed:
- Canton Public Library closed Monday
- Monday classes canceled at D.A.N.C.E. by Kristin
- LaSalle Market closing at 2 p.m.
- Schools closed Monday and Tuesday
- Town offices closed at noon Monday.
- Focus Center for Autism closed Monday.
- Shoppes at Farmington Valley closed at 11 a.m. (ShopRite open).
- Larsen ACE Hardware closing at 3 p.m. Monday, possibly opening again at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- Valley Sports Center has canceled afternoon and evening classes but will have programs through 2 p.m. Monday.
- Give a Treat, Get a Treat at the Shoppes at Farmington Valley postponed until Thursday.
- Political potluck scheduled to take place at Canton Senior Center Monday, has been canceled along with all senior activities.
- Sawyer's Martial Arts will close Monday with a free Halloween class rescheduled to Nov. 1 (weather permitting).
- As of The Little Green Tambourine closed Monday, likely longer.
- Village Cafe closing at approximately 2 p.m.
Places open as of 1:30 a.m.
- Canton Village Gulf (until 8 p.m. Monday)
- Canton Mobil (will stay open 24 hours unless power goes out)
- Canton Citgo
- Canton Indoor Golf Center (kitchen closed)
- Rice Field Restaurant.
- CVS (Planning to stay open)
- The Whole Donut
- ShopRite of Canton (Planning to stay open until 10 p.m.)
- Roaring Brook veterinary hospital — Fully staffed until 3 p.m. with a staff member until this evening. "We are prepared with generators and will make sure your pets are well cared for during Sandy's wrath," its facebook page states.