Vacations and getaways are wonderful, but for most weekends out of the year, we're all here in town and we find plenty to do right in our own backyard.
Here are some ideas reflected in the poll below. Readers are also welcome to add their own ideas in the comments, which will count as votes, so feel free to echo any you see from other readers.
- A day on the river (canoeing, kayaking, etc.)
- The Farmington River Trail.
- Shopping. For some people a day at the Shoppes or headed to Collinsville in search of antiques may be just the ticket.
- Jump Zone
- Fishing the Farmington.
- Hiking Land Trust property
- A day in Collinsville — perhaps a morning stroll or paddle followed by an afternoon of lunch, shopping and satisfying your sweet tooth at appeals to you.
- Dinner followed by a show at
The poll closes Friday at 9 a.m., and we'll announce the winner on Saturday.
This review is all about you — your ideas, your feedback and your voice — so we hope you will chime in and check back.