In honor of Read Across America Day this week, which coincides with the birthday of Theodor Geisel, better known as Dr. Suess, readers have helped us put together a list of books to enjoy:
- "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd
- "Bread and Jam for Frances" by Russell Hoban and Garth Williams
- "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White
- "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl
- "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Suess
For older kids
- "Harriet The Spy” by Louis Fitzhugh
- "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret" by Judy Blume
- "The Pushcart War" by Jean Merrill
- "The Gammage Cup" by Carol Kendall
- "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeline L'Engle
- "Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese.
- "On The Road” by Jack Kerouac
- “Siddartha" by Herman Hesse
- “Night" by Elie Wiesel
- "Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë
Add your favorites, too, by posting in the comments section.
Next week's topic is summer camps. We are looking for local/regional camps. Please email your suggestions to email@example.com.