Friday, Nov. 9 brings comedy and laughter to Collinsville, the entertainment district of Canton. Be prepared to explore the latest topics in marriage, friendship and squandered riches. The setting: a Park Avenue penthouse. The players: a powerhouse attorney, his deliriously social wife and their closest friend, one of the world’s most staggeringly successful fashion designers. Add a daughter’s engagement, some major gowns, the president of the United States, and stir.
Howard Hirsch, Artistic Director has assembled an extraordinary cast that includes Doug LeBelle of New Britain, Ginny Freese of Avon, Chris Berrien of Suffield, Liz Enkiri of West Hartford, Marsha Howard Karp of West Hartford and Bev Lavendar of West Hartford.
The entertainment starts at 8 p.m. on Nov. 9, 10, 16, 17, 23 and 24. There are two Sunday Matinee’s on Nov. 11 and 18 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults; $22 for seniors and students. Call 860-404-3081 for tickets. Order on-line at FVStage.org. Parking is free. The theater is handicap accessible. Subscriptions and group tickets still available.
Cast and crew includes:
- Marsha Karp Howard of West Hartford as Myra Kesselman
- Doug LeBelle of New Britain as Hank Hadley
- Ginny Freese of Avon as Tibby McCullough
- Christopher Berrien of Suffield as Jack McCullough
- Elizabeth (Liz) Enkiri of West Hartford as Spencer McCullough
- Beverly Lavender of West Hartford as Marietta Claypoole
- Howard Hirsch of West Hartford (former owner of The Park Road Playhouse): Artistic Director
- Susan Turner of West Hartford: Stage Manager
- Howard Hahn of West Hartford: Set Design and Construction, Assistant Stage Manager
- Lin Hirsh of West Hartford: Publicity, Costumes
- Toby Sidrane of West Hartford: Properties